What are the Dangers of Drinking Water
Tap water is unfortunately far from pure or fresh in our homes, or in our neighborhoods. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says Americans are ingesting 300 to 600 times what is a healthy amount of chlorine. While chlorine alone is not actually unsafe, and was created to keep our water safe, it helps form DBP’s, a type of chemical that is extremely toxic.
It is fair for you to want to know all about the dangers of water as it is impacting your family’s health. Luckily there is a lot of compiled research to help you make some decisions to protect your family.
- The U.S. Council of Environmental Quality says that cancer becomes a much higher risk (93%) for people who drink water that contains chlorine.
- In a small town in Pennsylvania, a community ate diets very rich in milk and saturated animal fats and never had heart attacks until they switched the source of their water from a mountain spring to water with fluoride in it.
- A university in the Netherlands found that swimming in chlorinated pools or water polluted with chlorine increased children’s risk of developing melanoma from 2.2 to 2.4 times.
- Men who smoke are twice as likely to get bladder cancer if they drink chlorinated tap water for more than 40 years, than men who smoke who do not drink chlorinated water.
Why Is The Government Not Talking About This
Research regarding DBP’s and the harm they do to your health has increased a lot in the past 30 years, but the Chemical Manufacturers Association and the Chlorine Institute are funded by the government so it is in their best interest to keep quiet about the harmful chemicals in drinking water.
This means that chemical lobbies will never clean up your environment or water source.
That’s why many researchers and doctors have decided to come forward with some research about chlorine and why the government will not help to fix the problem. It is important to know about the modern system of water sanitization, and how it harms us. It is important to know about these things so we can understand how to protect ourselves and our loved ones.
Here are some of the most important things to know:
- It is not possible to know whether your water is safe just by the way it looks, smells, or tastes
- Even if you are drinking filtered water from your sink, it does not mean it is safe for you or your family
- Bleached coffee filters, disposable diapers, paper towels, bathroom tissue, feminine hygiene products, and paper milk cartons contain a carcinogen that can lead to diabetes and birth defects
You can demand that your water supplier test the quality of your water for free
Interested in learning more about the products available for your home? Give us a call (561) 795-8675